REFLECTION ESSAY ASSIGNMENT
This is the final class assignment, an opportunity to reflect on your performance relating to our class outcomes and the semester-long Digital History project. It is due NO LATER THAN Wednesday, December 19th at 9:00AM via Sakai’s “dropbox.” It is worth 10 final grade points.
A “reflection essay” can take many forms. The primary goal of this assignment is to provide you reflective space to look at our course outcomes and consider, for yourself, how you have met them. To do this, follow these steps before writing:
1. Read our course outcomes and assessment criteria;
2. Read all the assignments you have turned in this semester;
3. Watch your digital movie; and
4. Ask and answer the following questions:
• In what specific ways do you see your work fulfilling the outcomes?
• How have your historical thinking skills developed over the semester?
• What was your process for completing the semester project? Was it effective?
• What worked? What could have been done better?
• What do you take away from the semester project?
The length of the final reflection piece is subjective, but please do not exceed 8 pages.
Your performance on the Reflection Assignment will be graded based on whether or not it is completed in a timely fashion and whether or not it appropriately fulfills the above. I will use it to help guide my final assessment of your performance throughout the semester.
This assignment is due no later than December 19th at 9:00AM. It must be turned in using Sakai and the “dropbox” function for our class.